Monday, January 10, 2011

I'll Get to it Tomorrow

Matthew 5:4. Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

I usually wouldn't start out on such a serious note, but hey - everyone has their day. Actually, I suppose we are all guaranteed two days. The first and the last. That is, unless they are one and the same.

The untimely loss of a classmate has me thinking. A young husband and father who won't have the chance to raise his sons. Well, at least not directly, although I know he'll always influence them. There's no time to spare. How often do you say "I'll get to it tomorrow", or "I'll tell them how much I care tomorrow."

What if we don't get the chance?

So I want to welcome you to this journey with me. I'm gonna ramble. I'll probably pull out the soapbox when it comes to important topics like college football and reality television. By gosh - we're gonna have fun! Cause what if we don't get the opportunity to enjoy tomorrow? There's no time to spare!

Unless we're referring to the dirty dishes that always seem to be in the right-hand side of my kitchen sink. In that case, I'll get to it tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment